We have become used to Fanatec’s spectacular product reveals during the past months and the innovations just won’t stop as yet another new steering wheel rim has been announced!
The officially-licensed Porsche 918 wheel rim takes Fanatec back to their roots as the Germany company has made their name selling Porsche-branded steering wheels before launching their ClubSport line of professional sim racing hardware.
The new wheel rim is made for the CSW base and comes with full Porsche branding, is made of metal and automotiva-grade leather and comes with professional features such as a build-in LED bar, fully adjustable shift paddles and more, as listed below:
- Replica of the steering wheel used in the race version of the latest Porsche supercar: Porsche 918 RSR .
- The realistic diameter of 320 mm allows precise maneuvers and smooth driving
- Officially licensed by Porsche
- Durable construction fully made of metal
- Wheel rim made of genuine automotive grade leather.
- 11 Buttons plus two paddle shifter buttons with ultra-reliable switches
- Analog joystick to look around in the cockpit or to map with any other axis
- 7-way Encoder switch to change settings: Turn left; turn right; move left, right, up and down; push (active in Tuning menu and compatible with any PC game)
- LED bar integrated into rim to show motor RPM
- LED display to show telemetry functions. Works with several popular PC games like iRacing or rFactor
- Adjustable and detachable paddle shifters completely made of metal. Adjust position, angle, distance to rim and travel of the paddles
- Tuning functions with LED display to adjust settings independent from the game and during gameplay
- Saves up to 5 wheel set-ups
- Adjust force feedback strength during game play
- Adjust sensitivity independent from the game. Turning angle can be adjusted in the wheel from 90° to 900°
- ABS vibration in the wheel and on the (optional) ClubSport Pedals for all games
- Change the linearity in the steering axis to get the precision of a 900° wheel and the fast movement of a 270° wheel
- Add some artificial dead zone to avoid shaking on straights if needed
- Customize the force feedback sensations by changing the spring, force effects and dampening forces
Check out a video introduction on the new product featuring pro race driver Rene Rast below. Even though the product was just revealed, the wheel rim is available for sale instantly, selling for 399,95 Euros/Dollars.
For more info on the new product, visit the Fanatec website.