Fanatec Porsche 911 GT2 Wheel Announced
Fanatec has officially announced the newest addition to their lineup of Porsche-licensed steering wheels – The Porsche 911 GT2.
The new wheel combines the most distinctive features of the popular GT3 RS and the discontinued Turbo S, combining unrivaled compatibility with the PC, Xbox 360 and the Playstation 3 with the high-quality Alcantara-leather rim that GT3 RS owners quickly learned to love.
- Original Porsche 911 GT2 steering wheel design
- Licensed by Porsche Lizenz- und Handelsgesellschaft mbH
- Authentic metal Porsche logo on wheel
- Wheel rim wrapped in genuine Alcantara® from Italy which is 100% the same material as used in the real cars.
- Compatible with Xbox 360, PC and PlayStation 3
- Big diameter of steering wheel with 300 millimeters
- Gear sticks are interchangeable and can be mounted on the left or right side
- Big ClubSport Shifter paddles made of aluminum included
- TUNING functions with LED display
- Saves up to 5 wheel set-ups
- Adjust ForceFeedback strength during game play
- Adjust sensitivity independent from the game. Turning angle can be adjusted in the wheel to from 90° to 900°
- ABS vibration in the wheel and on the (optional) Clubsport pedals for all games
- Change the linearity in the steering axis to get the precision of a 900° wheel and the fast movement of a 270° wheel
- Add some artificial Dead Zone to avoid shaking on straights if needed
- Customize the Force Feedback sensations by changing the spring and dampening forces
- Activate the drift mode to let the wheel spin faster
- Illuminated buttons switch automatically between Xbox and PlayStation symbols
- Powerful Mabuchi RS 550 Motor as used in RC cars delivers extra strong Force Feedback effects.
- Additional 2 Force Feedback actuators in the wheel simulates motor vibrations.
- Extra smooth and silent belt drive with minimized mechanical dead zone.
- High resolution wheel sensor.
- Play with table/cockpit: Strong table clamps with quick release keeps everything in place. Integrated screw inserts allows a strong fixation on a gaming cockpit.
- Play without table: Fully compatible with the RennSport Wheel Stand which is available optional
The 911 GT2 is available as wheel-only option coming with a Logitech G25/27 pedal adapter or in combination with the aluminum Fanatec Porsche Clubsport pedals. The wheel sells for 249 Euros/Dollars with the Clubsport combo being available for 499 Euros/Dollars.
Fanatec is taking pre-orders now, the wheel may be shipped as early as late December while official availability is listed for January.