Fanatec has officially launched their Fanatec CSL WRC Rally Wheel. that is the result of an official partnership with the FIA World Rally Championship.
The wheel features Fanatec’s new tool-free Simplified Quick Release Adapter design, coming with an integrated three-digit LED display, orange metal shifter paddles, cross-stitched Alacantara and brushed aluminum cover.
Compatible to the Podium, Clubsport & CSL Elite wheel bases, the wheel comes with enhanced Xbox compatibility due to new electronics inside the wheel, making any connected wheel base compatible both with the current Xbox One and the upcoming Xbox Series X.
Along with the Xbox compatibility, the wheel comes with Xbox-style button layout that can easily be replaced with included racing-style buttons.
The Fanatec CSL WRC Rally Wheel is available now without any need to pre-order, selling for 199,95 Euros/Dollars on the Fanatec website.
You can check out first video reviews of the brand new wheel here.
Fanatec CSL WRC Rally Wheel Features
- Perfect for rally racing and officially licensed by WRC
- A connected Fanatec wheel base will become compatible with the Xbox One and New Generation Xbox due to integration of the Xbox One-specific electronics into the wheel
- Plug & Play: Ready to use right away without any assembly required
- Realistic size (300 mm diameter)
- New tool-free Simplified Quick Release Adapter design:
- Improved ease of use (no clamping bolt required) and durability
- Exchangeable, supports ClubSport Quick Release Adapter*
- Avoids any play in the QR system
- Very low steering wheel weight of only 1092 g (with Simplified QRA) for fast acceleration and fidelity (1280 g with ClubSport QRA).
- Integrated RevStripe™, which is a combined centre stripe and a ‘Rev’ meter, using a multi-colour LED
- Three-digit LED display smoothly integrated into the wheel rim below the RevStripe™, featuring telemetry data speed or gears to be displayed by compatible games or third-party software
- Wheel rim covered with genuine Alcantara® and an eye-catching orange cross-stitched seam
- Orange shifter paddles:
- Durable metal construction
- Well-defined, Snapdome™-activated “click” feeling
- Removable paddles for using wheel in combination with ClubSport Static Shifter Paddles
- Brushed aluminium spokes with fibre-reinforced back cover
- Xbox One button layout, interchangeable with the included Racing Style buttons
- 4-way direction pad with push button
- Tuning functions with LED display to adjust settings independent from the game and during gameplay (see description of compatible wheel base/racing wheel for details)
- PODIUM Wheel Base DD1 (Low Torque Mode only*)
- PODIUM Wheel Base DD2 (Low Torque Mode only*)
- PODIUM Wheel Base DD1 PS4™ (Low Torque Mode only*)
- ClubSport Wheel Base V2
- ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5
- CSL Elite Wheel Base V1
- CSL Elite Wheel Base V1.1
- CSL Elite Wheel Base + – officially licensed for PS4™
- Xbox One® and New Generation Xbox: if connected with this steering wheel, the above mentioned wheel bases will be compatible with Xbox One and New Generation Xbox consoles (including Xbox Series X).
- PC and other Platforms: The specifications of the compatible wheel bases will remain unchanged.
- The functionality of this product on Xbox One or PS4/PS5 can be limited by the capabilities of the console (subject to firmware/OS changes and developer support). The full functionality can only be guaranteed on PC; this is also game-dependent.