F1 2012 – Patches 4 & 5 Available
Codemasters continues to update their recently-released F1 2012 in a quick fashion as two new patches are available.
The two new patches fix various problems with the PC version as listed below. The patches can be downloaded via Steam, patches for the console version will be available later due to the submission proceess to Xbox LIVE & the Playstation Network.
Patch 4 Changelog
- Understeer: Adjusted track information to provide a more uniform level of grip across the entire surface
- Fixed an issue where some users (especially those on laptops) were unable to change their resolution.
- Fixed a crash in Co-op when trying to resume a session at the start of a Qualifying session that neither player would take part in.
- Fixed issues with the weather system in Instant Replays / Race Replays which could instantly change the track wetness level.
- Removed engine damage from the list of damaged parts that can force a pit stop to take priority over a drive through penalty.
- Changed the Prime tyre compound to Hard for Suzuka to match the race this weekend. This change will not affect Time Attack which will continue to use the Medium compound tyre.
- Added a white cross to the DRS OSD to indicate to that it is unavailable because of a fault.
- Fixed a number of minor graphical issues.
- Fixed a couple of minor issues with timers not resetting correctly.
Other changes of note:
- Added a Skip Session option so players can leave any session without having to complete it.
- Tweaked force feedback for all devices.
- Improved the lighting on Singapore.
Patch 5 Changelog
- Reduced the likelihood of the player getting a penalty when involved in a collision with an AI car.
- Further reduced the chance of rain for all tracks and greatly reduced it for Sakhir (Bahrain).
- Fixed Catalunya so that it’s no longer possible to cut corners to gain an advantage. The PC Catalunya Time Trial Leaderboard will be reset after the patch goes live, this will either be done Friday evening or Monday morning (UK time).
- Fixed an issue where the engine could be damaged or destroyed when using a flashback.
- Reverted the changes to the force feedback from patch 4. While this improved some wheels, it was to the detriment of others.
- Added an option to delete profiles.
In related news, Codemasters have released a video of Nico Hülkenberg driving F1 2012 during a visit to Codemasters’ offices, using a triple screen Vesaro simulation system.