The DRM Modding Team has released their much anticipated DRM Revival Mod for Assetto Corsa, bringing one of the most spectacular racing series in motorsports history to AC.
- 17 different cars (10 car models in a total of 17 configurations)
- Nearly all cars come up with individual physics and sounds
- Featuring fully detailed car models
- Each car has 4 LOD levels for a perfect performance at online races
- Visible damage with wobbling parts and scratches ( see pictures below )
- Mechanical damage: Kill the engine with over revs on downshifts or driving too long with too much boost!
- A visible transition from a clean to a dirty car ( see pictures below )
- Animated parts like the shifter, exhaust, engine parts, mirror, wipers and more
- Adjustable turbo boost during all race sessions
- Different pit stop times for changing the tires, suspension and car body repair and the refuel time
- Implementation of cold and hot brakes and tires
Sounds and looks awesome, right? Well, as with everything in life there’s a tiny caveat as the team has decided to turn the formerly-free rFactor mod into a pay ware release to get at least some compensation for the 5000 hours of development time that has been spent on this release.
The good news is that the price of the release is very reasonable, selling for 15 Euros (that’s 1,50€ per included car model). The bad news is that in order to make selling the unlicensed content somewhat legally watertight, all real-life brands in the mod had to be replaced by fictional counter parts, something that true racing anoraks probably consider to be a bit of an eye-sore.
But fear not, help from the community is on the way..as usual: Juan Salo Ramirez has put together a free skin pack that replaces the textures in the mod with their real-life counterparts for authentic DRM fun.
You can purchase the DRM Mod here and choose to either pay 15€ or more at your discretion, the team will likely replace and added bonus for years of commitment (and 60 boxes of cigarettes that have been consumed my while creating this mod).
And just in case the previous version’s legacy does not have you convinced about the mod’s quality yet, here’s a video review to help make up your mind: