BrunUK has released an early version of his scratch-made Donington Park track for Assetto Corsa.
- It’s not finished.
- There’s a fast_lane.ai file so AI races should work. Tested it and was quite surprised that the AI were ok, with the usual limitations of AC AI at any rate.
- There’s no pit_lane.ai so you can’t run a race weekend. I did attempt to create one but they just drove straight into the pit wall. Either they’re stupid or I am, not sure which.
- Multiplayer hasn’t been tested at all. Would be great to get some feedback on that when people get chance.
- Hitting the kerb on the outside of the bend on the way up to McLeans may launch you spinning into the air. It’s off the racing line so hopefully shouldn’t be too big a deal. Only happened to me once and I’ve not been able to repeat it so not sure what the cause was.
- There is a separate track mesh for the physics, but I haven’t had chance to tweak it yet so the bumpiness is very subtle.
- Replay cameras are a bit broken, sky is black on most of them. Haven’t worked out why.
- Flags are static, despite them animating ok in the editor.
- The 3D marbles which were in a preview video have been removed, at least temporarily. Haven’t had chance to work out how to limit them to the higher detail settings so figured it was best to just get rid of them for the time being.
Located in North West Leicestershire, Donington Park was opened in 1931. The current layout is 4 kilometers long and features 12 turns, the track was the last home to Britain’s World Touring Car Championship round and was originally planned to host the British F1 Grand Prix in 2010.[boxdownload]Download Donington Park for Assetto Corsa Here[/boxdownload]