C.A.R.S On A D-BOX Motion Simulator – Video
VVV Automotive’s Alan Boiston has been visiting Slightly Mad Studios recently and got to try out the developing title in a D-BOX 2 motion simulator.
The two videos below show off Alan in action on the motion simulator with several driving perspectives shown as picture in picture.
On Friday, Slightly Mad Studios released the latest weekly build for all C.A.R.S. members with Team Member status and above, adding the following features and improvements to the pre-alpha title:
Build 81 (28/10/11, Team Member+)
- DX11 HDRControl updated to matched optimised bloom threshold and downsampling shader.
- The “Texture Filtering” option (set via “Help & Options / Video”) was being ignored by DX11 renderer. Now Fixed.
- Fixes for WDF lighting menu, to allow extra entries to load/save
- Added various HUD tacho variations (Nuke 3, and Kart)
- More exhaust smoke for the Kart
- Fixed Kart Ai volume and increased the rev limit to 18000RPM
- Fixed ambient shadow width and tweaked gearstick movement (Nuke 3)
- Changed default livery for LEONUS F68 CROMWELL V8
- New Racer V8 RS and L4-RS exports
- Upped LOD distance for CALIPER (Nuke 3)
- Completed reverse AIW for Connecticut Hill Reverse, and Connecticut Hill Short Reverse
- Temporary AIW for Bologne Reverse. Basic path and 32 start spots.
- Added track groups to save on build sizes and also organised both tracklists in alphabetical order
- Changed loading screen music
The new build is available for download to all WMD members with Team Member status or above. Every interested sim racer can become Team Member for a one-time price of 25€ to enjoy weekly development builds and up-close access to follow the development progress of C.A.R.S. For more info on pricing and benefits, check out the WMD website.