Slightly Mad Studios have released a new development build of their WMD-powered C.A.R.S. title, adding several new content items and lots of improvements to the pre-alpha version.
Build 078 adds a whole new genre of motorsports to C.A.R.S. as the formula cars, touring cars and sports cars currently available are enriched by karting. The new version includes the fictional Glencairn kart track as well as a powerful Shifter Kart to throw around the corners.
Sim racers who like it more powerful can also try the Ariel Atom V8, a lightweight road-going sports car powered by a mighty 500hp V8 engine. Preview shots of all new content items can be found below.
Other Changes the Build Offers:
- Improved lighting settings for most tracks
- Various UI fixes and improvements
- Added cloudy weather selection to race menu
- Enabled fuel consumption and tyre wear
- Added a few more options to visuals menu
- Added free camera (Ctrl-F then the mouse and WASD, SHIFT keys)
The new build is available for download to all WMD members with Team Member status or above. Every interested sim racer can become Team Member for a one-time price of 25€ to enjoy weekly development builds and up-close access to follow the development progress of C.A.R.S. For more info on pricing and benefits, check out the WMD website.