Botniaring for rFactor 2 0.4 Beta – Released
Jka has released a first beta version of his Botniaring track for rFactor 2.
Located near Jurva in Finland, the track comes with three different layouts, including an oval and a 4-kilometer main layout.
The track is in beta stage and comes with several significant limitations, including missing cameras and limited AI support as only five computer-controlled cars can be added without rFactor 2 crashing.
Click here for the full Readme
Main purpose is to test new packaging and updating system. Secondary goal is improve the track graphically, fix gameplay-, AIW- and camera problems.
This means that I will release series of updates in few days timespan, which will add features and fix problems. As rF2 is in BETA stage itself and it’s gfx engine is under heavy developing, final version won’t be released until rF2 reach Gold.
Download link contains base COMPONENT file. Copy file to your Packages – folder and install it with Mod Manager. Remember uncheck Options/Show Mods only to make Mod Manager show components as well and install it normally. Use All Cars & Tracks option to select the track.
Track contains three layouts: National, Club and Oval.
In real life, club circuit is most used. Oval is used very, very rarely, or not at all. National circuit is under construction as we speak and will be opened in spring 2013. All layouts were modelled to scenery using actual blue prints/ACAD files and GPS data provided by track- and engineering companies. (Hi Jukka, Joni, Janika, Matti, Mika, Raimo and Juha! )
Known problems of the track are:
- All three layouts contains only very basic AIW files, which won’t work perfectly. You can add only FIVE AI DRIVERS to your race, no more. If you add more, rF2 will crash. To be safe side at this point, jump right to the grid and leave practice and qualifying session alone if you want to race agains AI. However, practice session work normally for private testing (with limitation of 5 AI drivers).
- There is NO camera files on this track at all. This means you cannot get external, TV – style view on replays.
- The track has NOT been optimized yet at all. There is no LoD’s, VisGroups, ShadowGroups and other features used, which will help optimize performance. If you have performance problems, turn down shadows, HDR etc. to gain more fps.
- Scenery details are about 60 % complete, so many tso’s and other details will be added via upcoming updates.
- There are many gfx abnormalies, like poorly mapped- and placeholder-textures, lightning problems, missing details, etc.
- …and 1000+ more unfinished things…