Reiza Studios have released the weekly update for the Automobilista 2 Early Access title, continuing to work towards the title’s 1.0 release planned later this month.
The new version adds working windscreen wiper animations to various cars, updates trackside advertisements and brings a continued stream of physics & AI fixes.
Automobilista is available on Steam the Early Access version will be available for 20% off until the 1.0 version release.
Speaking of the 1.0 release, Reiza recently outlined some of the exciting things we can expect once the title hits its release version later this month.
Automobilista 2 Update V0.9.7.0 Changelog
- Added custom pit speed limits per series regulations. the baseline is 60km/h for national & club series, 100km/h for modern Formulas, 250 km/h for Historical content
- Corrected series/class grouping and grouping within series so different models are sorted in the grid (when series feature cars of different classes) or randomized (when they are of the same class)
- Disabled visual ghost effect in pit lane and pit exit
UI & HUD:
- Fixed vehicle info for F-Classic G3M1, G3M3, MRX
- Revised adhesive friction curve with velocity for all tyres
- Reduced wheel contact factor (reduces chances of “exploding” collisions with wheel-to-wheel contact)
- Fixed minor tread width inaccuracies in F-Classic, F-Trainer tyres
- Further areo revisions to MRX, F-3, F-V12, Ultima GTR (Road)
- Further car-specific FFB fine-tuning (max force, smoothing, scrub radius)
- Further engine inertia revisions
- Reduced AI front buffer distances (AI is slightly less tentative when a pack of cars is ahead)
- Reduced AI lifting off the throttle over puddles
- Reduced wall check function (AI is less tentative when driving close to walls)
- Reduced ranges for AI drivers inconsistency & performance loss from stamina over longer races
- Adjust AI steer smoothing to improve pitlane mobility
- Adjusted AI Grip multipliers for Velopark, Adelaide, Azure, Montreal, Londrina
- Fixed AI engine sound position being on the wrong side for several all cars.
- Added dedicated sound effect for grasscrete material
- Fixed odd ducking of sounds over curbs, lessened crackling on tyre sound effects
- Improved sound in stereo mode
- Replay onboard engine audio properly positioned.
- Starting sound correctly positioned
- Added Stock Car series trackside advertising for tracks in the 2019/2020 calendar
- Added wiper animations for Ultima GTR, Stock Car V8, Super V8, Sprint Race, Caterham Academy, Lancer Cup (WIP)
- Fixed driver animation for F-Trainer
- F-Reiza: Fixed bug restricting field to a single livery