Reiza Studios have released the weekly update for the Automobilista 2 Early Access title, introducing a major update to the title’s AI as well as several other fixes.
The new version comes with an all new Opponent AI Strength logic that brings the AI settings closer to the way they worked in Automobilista 1.
Automobilista is available on Steam the Early Access version will be available for 20% off until the 1.0 version release.
Speaking of the 1.0 release, Reiza recently outlined some of the exciting things we can expect once the title hits its release version later this month.
Automobilista 2 Update V0.9.6.0 Changelog
UI & HUD:
- Reinstated time acceleration for Single Player events
- Revised code to fix (or at least mitigate) issues with FFB causing the wheel to pull hard right or left in some circumstances
- Increased input rates to 500Hz and limited FFB rate to 360Hz to minimize potential issues with asynchronous rates
- Further fine-tuned all car-specific max force, filters & smoothing levels to suit final FFB system and latest tyre physics developments
- Fixed stalled player engine in rolling starts and in some cases when switching from AI control (still needs multiplayer testing)
- Minor tread adjustments for F-Vintage, Trucks, GT, SuperV8, prototype & road tyres
- Reduced default brake pressure to 90% (same as AMS1 – setting remains adjustable from car setup for player preferences)
- Slightly increased optimum brake temperature ranges for both steel & carbon brakes
- Reduced contact factor in open-wheelers (further minimizing extreme reactions in wheel-to-wheel collisions)
- Reduced incremental lift with radiator opening setting
- MRX: Fixed wrong brake fade ranges in all variants
- Ultima GTR: Fixed rear brake cooling on Road version
- F-Vintage: Adjusted default differential settings for better driveability
- Added new Opponent AI Strength logic
- Clamped opponent AI Strength range to 70-120%
- Added customized parameter per car for AI brake application
- Further reduced AI throttle application gap depending on AI driver skill level
- Further calibration of AI performance
- Further reduced AI brake grip in GT / prototypes
- Jerez: curbs UV2 mapping correction; fixed LOD issues with inner grass; conformed started grid lines to latest road noise & other minor fixes
- Interlagos: Updated trackside cameras
- Toned down dirty layer on rearview mirrors
- Added suspension animations for all Caterhams, F-Trainers & F-Vintage