Assetto Corsa – Early Acces Update 0.6.5 Available
Kunos Simulazioni has released a new update for their Early Access Beta of Assetto Corsa.
Unlike past updates that always added a new 0.1 version, this is the first update to slow down the numerical progress towards the 1.0 release.
Aside from the plenty of changes & fixes listed below, the new update adds the Mclaren MP4-12C GT3 as reported earlier this week.
Powered by a 3.8 liter V8 bi-turbo engine, the MP4-12C is build to the FIA GT3 regulations based on the MP4-12C road car. The car made its competition debut in the British GT Championship in 2011 and went on to compete in various events, including the Spa 24 Hours race.
Aside from the brand new car, the new version also adds new performance variants of the BMW 1M and the Lotus Evora S and adds a first version of the engine damage feature.
Changelog Early Access 0.6.5
– Oculus Rift improvements
– High fov on single screen (>80 degrees) rendering fix
– Car physics & apps fixes
– Balanced opponents volume
– Some ranking fixes
– fixed closing AC while a replay was playing after a race
– Replay performance improvements
– Fixed real time position on restart
– Best lap is kept when restarting session
– Fixed look back on replay
– Engine smoke when damaged
– Engine damage (not balanced yet)
– McLaren MP4-12C GT3
– Upgrade BMW 1M Stage 3
– Upgrade Lotus Evora Stage 2
– Ferrari 599XX Aero center of pressure adjusted
– Ferrari 599XX improved cockpit view and adjusted bonnet cam
– Small aero improvements on BMW Z4 GT3, M3 GT2 and P4/5 Competizione
– New overboost function BMW Z4 Drift (keys 1-0 for 10% to 100% turbo boost. 80% default) – Engine damage when turbo overboost is over 80% on cars that support it
– Engine damage from overreving the enging (i.e. downshifts)
– Steam friends leaderboard & Friends Leaderboard app for hotlap, drift & time attack
The new version is now available on Steam, players can update their game by simply starting Steam.
In related news, VirtualR moderator F1Racer has put together a stunning set of Assetto Corsa renders, showing off the Ferrari F40. You can check out all of them here.